Stress at work is something everyone experiences. We all feel some level of stress during our workday. Being stressed can affect your focus and productivity. So it’s important for us to figure out how to relieve it.
Here are a few simple ways to help you make it through a stressed filled day:
- Music – listening to music is wonderful. It soothes you. Create a playlist of calming, happy tunes to listen to while at work.
- Walk away and take a break – not taking a few breaks during the day hurts more than helps. You might think you’re being a trooper but you’re not. Working too long can affect your ability to concentrate. So walk away and if you can get some fresh air.
- Exercise – regular exercise is important, shoot for 20-30 minutes daily. Also if you can take a short walk during the day or if not stretch for a few minutes at your desk. Exercise is good for the mind and the body!
- Eat lunch (not at your desk) – a healthy balanced lunch helps you keep your blood sugar level which keeps your energy up.
- Inhale – taking a few deep breaths is a great way to calm you and release the stress. Just inhale and hold for a second or two, then exhale through your nose. Slow and steady.
- Smile and try laughing – It doesn’t make much sense but try it. Just smiling can relieve some stress.
Give these easy tips a try to start feeling a bit less stressed.