Glass half full verse glass half empty. It’s not what happens to us in
life that determines our happiness as much as how we react to what happens.
Aristotle said – Happiness depends upon ourselves.
You lose your job, instead of freaking out – you take your husband out to dinner and celebrate your new life.
Life doesn’t always go the way we want but it’s how we choose to deal with it that makes all the difference. Do we choose to be happy or not?
Being happy and staying happy takes work. It can be a challenge when things are going badly to find something good. You have to be determined.
Some things happy people do:
• They look for good, instead of finding the bad.
• They dream big!
• They take care of themselves – eat well and exercise.
• They have an attitude of gratitude – be grateful for everything.
• They don’t dwell on the little things, the small stuff.
• They have good friends – upbeat, optimistic people.
Being happy is hard work. It a decision you make. You don’t arrive at happiness like a destination; it’s all around you. You just have to choose to see it.
Life is short so each of us has to decide to make the most of what we have.
An Indian guru said – “I will give you the secret. If you want to be happy – BE HAPPY!”
Let’s all do just that…. Be Happy.