Nurse Practitioner – Maternal Newborn – Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Position will consider either a Neonatal or Pediatric NP
– You will utilize advanced assessment skills to coordinate care of newborns affected with congenital birth defects and prematurity.
– Assess health status and identify healthcare needs for cohort of patients/families.
– Collect and analyze data and formulate a comprehensive, family-centered plan of care in collaboration with the medical team and other appropriate healthcare members.
– Provide/coordinate healthcare to patients/families in the Maternal and Newborn department, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Neonatal Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and other inpatient/outpatient locations.
– Proactively manage and communicate to referring physicians the patient plan of care, changes in status.
– Serve as an educational resource to the patient/family, nursing staff and provider team.
– Provide instruction in disease management, medical plan and health/skill teaching to patient and families.
– Act as a consultant to multidisciplinary healthcare team members.
– Act as a focal point for evaluating and developing effective patient/family centered evidence-based care strategies for NICU patients.
– Masters in Nursing – Nurse Practitioner
– National Advanced Practice Nurse certification as a Neonatal or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist in Pediatrics
– Texas RN and Advanced Practice Nurse license or eligible
– Current American Heart Association CPR/BLS for Healthcare Provider certification
– Neonatal Resuscitation Program (within 90 days of hire)
– S.T.A.B.L.E Program certification (within 180) days of hire
– Pediatric Advanced Life Support Program certification within one year of hire if performing outpatient direct care
For more information on this Nurse Practitioner job, you can apply online at www.avasearchgroup.com or contact Adrienne Archer at 800-980-6237 or firstname.lastname@example.org